Saturday, November 1, 2014

Dia de los Muertos

Today is November 1st, so that also means it is Dia de los Muertos. I find that a lot of people kind of think of it as Halloween 2: Sugar Skull Boogaloo. And yes, there are skulls, but it's not just a day to dress up again. On this day, you think about those who have died, pray for them, and celebrate their lives.

Although we are partying tonight, I wanted to take some time to remember those I have lost.

Dia De Los Muertos


I don't make it out to Renee's garden as often as I did in the months after her passing. I don't know why, really. I guess in the grand scheme of things, it doesn't matter. It's not as if she, and all the people I have lost in my life, are ever very far from my mind. But it was nice to have a few moments there in the garden, just to think.

The party starts in about 30 minutes, so I better get back in world to get ready. ♥

No comments: